The lorry route network is comprised of strategic and local roads recommended for use by lorries and heavy goods vehicles in West Sussex. Most are dual carriageways or modern single carriage ways.View lorry route network and services map for West Sussex (PDF, 1.2MB)
The map is part of the road network element of our Transport Plan.
The key aspects of our approach to freight management are to:
- maintain and promote a lorry route network for main lorry movements
- provide real-time traffic information to support efficient freight movement
- support major improvement on key lorry routes such as the A27 to reduce rat running, when funding is available to deliver them
- deliver and protect small-scale freight infrastructure to assist hauliers and businesses and support freight movement by sustainable modes, where practical
- identify and assess lorry routes for construction traffic and sites that require high levels of HGV movements
- work in partnership to support the introduction of freight consolidation centres where these are market-led.
If you have any queries about the lorry route network or our Transport Plan, please contact us.