National Highways are responsible for maintenance of the A27, A23 and M23. Raise any issues with these roads with the National Highways help centre.
Please check our Roads and travel pages, as you may find your enquiry is already covered, for example:
- how to apply for a dropped kerb
- Pedestrian dropped crossings and footway accessibility improvements
- how to report a pothole
- how to request a disabled parking bay
- how to request an access protection line
- how to request double yellow lines via a Traffic Regulation Order
- when we cut roadside grass.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) has a statutory duty under the Highways Act 1980 to maintain the highway network, ensuring that the highways are safe and the public can use them without obstruction.
Our Highway inspection manual includes information on carriageway hierarchy, investigatory levels, inspection frequencies and repair times.
To report a specific road issue, refer to the relevant page in our Make an enquiry or report a problem with a road or pavement section. This will direct you to the correct form to complete for speed and efficiency of processing. For other queries, complete the general enquiry form below: