Pre-application advice can help to:
- verify local requirements
- reduce the likelihood of submitting invalid applications
- help you understand how planning policies and other requirements affect your proposals.
Written advice only
Written confirmation of the County Council’s views, based solely on a ‘desktop’ assessment and the information you submit.
- Charge - minor proposals: £200
- Charge - major proposals: £500
Meeting at County Hall
A meeting with you (and your representative(s)) at County Hall for up to 2 hours. Written advice based on a ‘desktop’ assessment.
- Charge - minor proposals: £300
- Charge - major proposals: £650
Meeting on site
A meeting with you (and your representative(s)) at the site, for up to 2 hours (excluding travelling). Written advice.
- Charge - minor proposals: £350
- Charge - major proposals: £850
Additional advice provided with respect to any further information or alterations to the proposals.
- Charge - minor proposals: £100
- Charge - major proposals: £250
You will be asked to make payment online once we have received your application.
3 Request pre-application advice
We offer several levels of advice charged at different rates. The guidance document explains the types of advice offered and how much they cost.
After reading the guidance, complete our online the application form.Pre-application advice online application
4 Request environment and heritage advice
Our Environment and Heritage Team provides a chargeable advice service on matters such as landscape, ecology and archaeology.
The advice will assist:
- statutory undertakers when undertaking works that may impact on the natural or historic environment
- developers of major planning applications where they impact on a key or sensitive site.
For more information, email: email@example.com.
5 Request advice on highways issues
To request advice on highways issues associated with any proposed development, visit Pre-application advice for roads and transport.