Release date: 20 March 2023
The proposals are part of the County Council’s transport plan to encourage more walking, cycling and public transport use. By improving sustainable transport infrastructure, we aim to make walking, cycling and public transport more attractive options, particularly for shorter journeys such as trips to school. This will help to make the County a safer, more pleasant place in which to live, work and do business.
Four potential improvement schemes across Chichester and Worthing are being developed. The proposals are at an early stage, so we would like to hear from people and organisations who may be affected by the schemes to help to develop the designs. If we decide to progress the schemes, then designs would be published for consultation later this year.
The improvements being considered include the creation of safe, dedicated space for cycling, new crossings and wider footways, and installation of traffic signals with bus priority measures in Chichester. The schemes are:
• Worthing Town Centre to Grove Lodge Cycle Route
• Goring to Durrington Cycle Route
• A286 Oaklands Way Cycle Scheme
• A285 Chichester to Tangmere Sustainable Transport Corridor
You can find out more about these suggested improvements by visiting:
• Worthing schemes: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/worthing-corridors
• Chichester schemes: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/chichester-corridors
On the websites you can also have your say by completing a questionnaire and commenting on interactive maps. This initial engagement period will close at 23:59 on 30 April 2023.