Travel to schools and colleges

School transport for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), Including post-16 and college transport.

Children and young people with SEND may be eligible for help getting to school or college. 

In West Sussex you can find out more about this on the pages

Help after age 19

West Sussex County Council also offers limited help with transport to young adult learners aged 19 and above with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

They must meet the same eligibility criteria for assistance with transport as students of sixth form age.

If you have an existing social worker, please contact them to discuss whether assistance may be available. Those without a social worker should contact the Adults' Services Carepoint: