Mobile sites - Selsey and The Witterings
The Selsey and The Witterings mobile recycling service operates on a fortnightly basis on a Thursday from 8.15am to 3.00pm.
Selsey - East Beach Car Park
- Thursday 22 July - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 5 August - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 19 August - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 2 September - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 16 September - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 30 September - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 14 October - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 28 October - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 11 November - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 25 November - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 9 December - 8.15am-3.00pm
The Witterings - Marine Drive Car Park
- Thursday 29 July - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 12 August - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 26 August - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 9 September - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 23 September - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 7 October - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 21 October - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 4 November - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 18 November - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 2 December - 8.15am-3.00pm
- Thursday 16 December - 8.15am-3.00pm
Proof of residency
Anyone using a recycling centre is required to provide proof of residency in West Sussex. You will need to show one form of identification from the list below. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Current driving licence (photo card or paper licence) - preferred option
- Council Tax bill - from the current financial year
- Utility bill (gas, electric or water) - less than a year old
- TV licence - less than a year old
- Letter from HMRC or the Home Office - less than a year old
- Current bus pass
- Current disabled parking permit (Blue Badge)
Access for disabled visitors
If you have a disability issue and require assistance, please ask a member of staff when you arrive. They will take your items and transfer them to the correct recycling containers for you if required.
The following vehicles are not permitted to use this recycling centre (RC):
- multi-axle trailers
- tipper trucks
- flatbed or dropside trucks
- Luton-type vans.
West Sussex residents who wish to use vans, pickups, single-axle trailers or commercial vehicles to dispose of their household waste must obtain a permit before they can use this centre.
All vehicles over 2.2 metres high must use:
- Burgess Hill RC
- Chichester RC
- Worthing RC.
Vehicles have a gross vehicle weight restriction of 3.5 tonnes at all centres.
You can use the service to recycle:
• green garden waste
• metal items, such as pots and pans
• cardboard, paper and shredded paper
• small electrical items, such as irons, toasters and hairdryers - no televisions or white goods can be accepted.
A container will be available for non-recyclable material. This mobile recycling service does not accept soil and hardcore or hazardous materials.
Further details on alternative arrangements for a green waste collection service and bulky waste collection service from Chichester District Council is available on their website.
Business and commercial waste
The mobile recycling services at Selsey and The Witterings are for household recyclables only. We will not accept any recyclables from commercial sources.
Details of where you can dispose of commercial waste or recycling is available on our Business and commercial waste page.