- Monday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Tuesday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Wednesday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Thursday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Friday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Sunday - 9.00am to 6.00pm
Visiting our site
Proof of residency
Anyone using a household waste recycling site is required to provide proof of residency in West Sussex. You will need to show one form of identification from the list below. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Current driving licence (photo card or paper licence) - preferred option
- Council Tax bill - from the current financial year
- Utility bill (gas, electric or water) - less than a year old
- TV licence - less than a year old
- Letter from HMRC or the Home Office - less than a year old
- Current bus pass
- Current disabled parking permit (Blue Badge)
Access by car
We request that users do not arrive before the site is open.
It is not permitted to park outside the site and walk in.
For safety reasons, customers are not permitted to walk into this site with any recycling or waste.
Cyclists are not permitted on site.
Access for disabled visitors
If you have a disability issue and require assistance, please ask a member of site staff when you arrive. They will take your items and transfer them to the correct recycling containers for you if required.
The Burgess Hill site has designated disabled parking bays, plus drop kerbs. The bays are identified by the standard symbol, with hatching on both sides for wider access in and out of vehicles.
The following vehicles are not permitted to use this household waste and recycling site (HWRS):
- multi-axle trailers
- tipper trucks
- flatbed or dropside trucks
- Luton-type vans.
West Sussex residents who wish to use vans, pickups, single-axle trailers or commercial vehicles to dispose of their household waste must obtain a permit before they can use this site.
This site can accommodate vehicles over 2.2 metres high. Others are:
- Westhampnett HWRS
- Worthing HWRS.
Vehicles have a gross vehicle weight restriction of 3.5 tonnes at all sites.
What can be recycled at this site
For information of which materials can be accepted at this site, and other helpful recycling advice, visit our A-Z of recycling guidance.
Business and commercial waste
Details of where you can dispose of commercial waste or recycling is available on our Business and commercial waste page.
Construction and demolition waste is restricted to 200kg per visit.
Tyres from cars, vans and motorcycles will all be charged at:
- £5.00 per tyre or part tyre.
Tyres from commercial tyres, such large goods vehicles, will not be accepted
Payment can only be made by Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards. Cash and cheques cannot be accepted. Payment will need to be made before you are given access to the chargeable containers.