West Sussex County Council logo
Find out about recycling in West Sussex


How to dispose of cans, including aerosols.

A number of drinking and food cans.

Most cans, including aerosols (deodorant, hairspray, air fresheners and so on), can be disposed of at home or taken to your recycling centre (RC).

  • Which home bin

    Food, drink, pet food and aerosol cans, can be placed in your recycling bin at home. Please ensure they are empty, clean and dry.

  • Which RC container

    Use the mixed recycling container.

  • Which RC accept this waste

    All our recycling centres accept food, drink, pet food and aerosol cans.

  • Safety information

    Do not squash or pierce aerosol cans.

    There are separate methods to dispose of hazardous waste that may come in cans. Please see the following for information:

Share this