West Sussex County Council logo
Please be aware that we will be performing website maintenance on Tuesday 25 June 2024. This website and some online forms will be unavailable for parts of the day.  
Find out about recycling in West Sussex

Bulky waste

How to dispose of bulky waste such as furniture, furnishings and white goods.

Items of furniture and other bulky waste in a container at a recycling centre.

Do not dispose of bulky waste items at home. Take this waste to your local recycling centre (RC).

  • Which RC container

    Ask staff at the centre which container to use.

  • Which RC accept this waste

    All our recycling centres accept bulky waste.

    Our mobile sites in Selsey and The Wittering's are unable to accept upholstered domestic seating such as sofas and armchairs.

  • Safety information

    Ask staff at the centre for help if you are struggling.

  • Further information

    If you are unable to take the item to your local recycling centre (RC) you can check to see if it could be taken by your local district or borough council's bulky waste service.

  • You could also...

    donate good quality items to charity, sell, or give items away on a local community website.

Share this