As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
As a member of staff you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- generous holiday entitlement of between 23 and 32 days, depending on job title and length of service
- a range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- volunteering opportunities
- a childcare voucher scheme
- training and development opportunities
- a range of local discounts for County Council staff (see our Staff discounts page if you are a business looking to offer a discount)
- discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- working for a Stonewall Diversity Champion
- working for a recognised 'Disability Confident' employer, which means we are positive about employing disabled people
- working for a veteran-friendly employer.