As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
As a member of staff you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- generous holiday entitlement of between 23 and 32 days, depending on job title and length of service
- buying additional leave
- a range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- volunteering opportunities
- a childcare voucher scheme*
- training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- a range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers; groceries, travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street retailers and the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform (see our Staff discounts page if you are a business looking to offer a discount)
- discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- a range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
- health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- a salary finance scheme to help staff with financial wellbeing, offering hints and tips on managing money, guides for budgeting, saving and managing debt and low interest loans
- working for a Stonewall Diversity Champion
- working for a recognised 'Disability Confident' employer, which means we are positive about employing disabled people
- working for a veteran-friendly employer.
*The Childcare Vouchers scheme is now closed to new entrants, however the Tax-Free Childcare scheme (GOV.UK) is available.