Our Fire Safety Enforcement Strategy 2020-22 is available on request.
Our aim is to:
- achieve safer premises and community sectors where there are no preventable deaths or injuries in fires
- reduce fire losses to minimal levels
- make sure premises receive consistent and common advice, information and enforcement practices.
To achieve this we need to achieve operational and community safety excellence in the most cost-effective way, putting people and property protection at the centre of everything we do. This includes:
- the safety and diversity needs of people in the community
- fire protection training and development of our own staff.
All service users need to be confident that:
- fire and rescue services can provide the right information and advice to support them with compliance
- those enforcing the legislation are consistent when making decisions in line with relevant enforcement procedures
- any processes are similar, to avoid confusion.
We adhere to the West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service privacy notice. This details how we use your information.