Our aim is to:
- achieve safer business and community sectors where there are no preventable deaths or injuries in fires
- reduce fire losses to minimal levels
- make sure businesses receive consistent and common advice, information and enforcement practices.
To achieve this we need to achieve operational and community safety excellence in the most cost-effective way, putting people and property protection at the centre of everything we do. That includes:
- the safety and diversity needs of people in the community
- fire protection training and development of our own staff.
Businesses need to be confident that:
- fire and rescue services can provide the right information and advice to support them with compliance
- those enforcing the legislation are consistent when making decisions
- any processes are similar, to avoid confusion.
We have adopted our approach from the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) Business Safety Strategy 2013/16. We support this strategy and are accountable to our own Business Fire Safety Policy Statement.
We adhere to the West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service privacy notice which details how we use your information.
- Our commitment (PDF, 52KB)
- Business safety strategy (PDF, 192KB)
- Business Fire Safety: Policy statement (PDF, 45KB)
- Business Fire Safety: Enforcement procedures (PDF, 75KB)
- Business Fire Safety: Prosecution and caution procedures (PDF, 109KB)
- Business Fire Safety: General service standards (PDF, 113KB)
- Business Fire Safety: Enforcement policy (PDF, 127KB)
- Business Fire Safety: Appeals, challenges and complaints procedures (PDF, 59KB)