Report an environmental problem

Report environmental issues to your district or borough council, including dog fouling, food hygiene, housing condition, noise and pest issues.

Local district or borough councils (not the County Council) are responsible for dealing with environmental health problems, such as:

  • dangerous or stray dogs
  • dog fouling
  • food hygiene and safety
  • housing conditions and standards
  • licensing and permits
  • noise
  • pest control
  • pollution, air and water quality.

However, report farm animal carcasses to Trading Standards, either online or by phoning 01243 642124.

Last updated:
17 December 2021
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.