West Sussex Trading Standards relies on information received from residents, businesses and partner agencies to identify undesirable and illegal rogue trading activity. We need to know who is engaging in such activity and also who is being targeted.
Please do not complete this form if you require consumer advice in connection with the matter you wish to report. You should instead contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506 or online. They will give advice and also pass the details you provide to Trading Standards.Report to Trading Standards
Information we particularly want to receive
- Traders supplying illicit tobacco and alcohol, such as counterfeit and non-duty paid products, tobacco products with foreign language or missing health warnings and the sale of single cigarettes.
- Traders calling on potentially vulnerable residents to offer home improvement services, such as gardening, roofing and driveway work.
- Traders exploiting vulnerable residents by, for example, selling them overpriced or misdescribed goods or services.
- Traders supplying age-restricted products, such as knives, fireworks, tobacco or alcohol, to young people.
- Illegal money lending activity ('loan sharking').
- Scam mail or phone calls targeting residents, such as letters and phone calls claiming prize draw or lottery ‘wins’.
- The supply of counterfeit goods.
- Food and drink issues, including lack of/incorrect allergen information; fish or animal species substitution or false claims about place of origin.