1 IPEH Worth Specialist Domestic Abuse Service
IPEH Worth Specialist Domestic Abuse Service supports people who are at high risk of harm or homicide as a result of domestic abuse.
They have teams of specially trained advisors across West Sussex who work to identify, assess and assist people at risk.
IPEH Worth specialist domestic abuse workers are available Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm. If you would like support, or to refer someone for support, you can use our referral form or the contact details below.
Tell us what you think
If you have contacted IPEH Worth Specialist Domestic Abuse Service, we would really value your feedback about how we, and partner agencies including Sussex Police, worked together to support you.
We think it is important you have the opportunity to tell us about your experience, for example whether you felt supported and whether we all listened to what you were telling us.
You can access the online survey using the link below, or you can complete it with your family support DA worker. Your response will be completely anonymous and confidential.
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - English (PDF, 251KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Arabic (PDF, 197KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Bengali (PDF, 214KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Bulgarian (PDF, 170KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Farsi (PDF, 191KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - French (PDF, 167KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Gujarati (PDF, 208KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Hindi (PDF, 210KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Lithuanian (PDF, 367KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Mandarin (PDF, 268KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Pashto (PDF, 194KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Polish (PDF, 377KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Portuguese (PDF, 256KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Punjabi (PDF, 288KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Russian (PDF, 492KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Romanian (PDF, 178KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Somali (PDF, 177KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Tagalog (PDF, 175KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Turkish (PDF, 178KB)
- WORTH - IDVA leaflet - Urdu (PDF, 199KB)
2 Stonham Outreach Service
Stonham Outreach Service provides support for people recovering from the impact of domestic abuse.
They work closely with WORTH IDVA Services to provide support to people affected by domestic abuse and identify the most appropriate level of support.
Its workers will:
- support you in moving on with your life
- help you to overcome and understand what has happened
- enable you and your family to stay safe
- enable you to achieve your goals.
The service provides different levels of support, depending on your needs and aspirations, and is available to people aged 16+ who live and work in, or are visiting or relocating to, West Sussex.
Stonham Outreach workers are available seven days a week, 9.00am-5.00pm. If you would like support, or to refer someone for support, you can use our referral form, or the contact details below.
3 Sussex Police
Sussex Police has specialist units dedicated to tacking domestic abuse.
Or, dial the non-emergency number to report a crime or incident.
4 Domestic Abuse Community Action Network
This small group of women have experienced domestic abuse and want:
- services to know how to best help when people are experiencing abuse
- young people to know how to avoid getting into abusive relationships through the group's experiences
- an end to domestic abuse.
The group meets regularly at various friendly, informal venues across West Sussex for a couple of hours every six weeks or so. People say they feel very well supported in this group and find the peer support invaluable.
Find out more
Please contact Caitlyn McCarthy if you would like to chat about attending, or if there are any barriers preventing you from attending, such as childcare, transport - or pure fear. Together we can find a solution.
5 The Saturn Centre (SARC)
The Saturn Centre is the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) based at Crawley Hospital. It provides a range of services to women and men who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
The Saturn Centre is open for pan-Sussex police referrals 24/7. There is a crisis worker present to support the victim at each referral and a Forensic Medical Examiner on hand to collect the forensic evidence swiftly and effectively.
SARC will link you into, and provide ongoing support all the way through, the criminal justice system and beyond. You will also be linked into the free counselling available when appropriate.
The Saturn Centre also takes self-referrals between 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday-Friday
This means anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted can get assistance and support without going to the police.
6 Victim Support
Victim Support is the independent national charity for all victims and witnesses across England and Wales.
It provides free, confidential support and information to help victims and witnesses overcome the effects of crime.
- emotional support
- practical help
- signposting to other relevant agencies
- help in completing criminal injuries claims resulting from crime.
7 ManKind Initiative
ManKind Initiative provides support and information for male victims of domestic abuse.
- Monday-Friday, 10.00am-4.00pm and 7.00pm-9.00pm
8 Safe in Sussex
Safe in Sussex provides an escape route from violence and the chance to seek alternatives to a life of isolation, fear and danger. As well as refuge accommodation it provides group work programmes - the 'Freedom Programme' and 'Meaningful Relationships'.