Our partnership is made up of:
- the County Council's Children's Services
- Sussex Police
- NHS West Sussex
- the National Offender Management Service (Sussex).
We also work closely with other colleagues, such as those from:
- West Sussex Drug and Alcohol Action Team
- the Youth Service
- voluntary organisations, such as Lodge Hill
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service
- prisons and secure units
- Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRPs).
What we do
Our main responsibility is to prevent re-offending by children and young people aged 10–17. We are also increasingly involved with our partner agencies in developing initiatives aimed at preventing crime.
We also have:
- a Prevention Team that specialises in working with young people who are at risk of offending and may have received a final warning, for which we offer a specialist programme aimed at diverting them from further offending
- a wide range of programmes for working with parents and carers
- a large volunteer programme, encouraging members of the community to work with us to create safer communities - phone our volunteer coordinator at the Worthing office for more information.