If you are aged 13-25 you can drop in to a FindItOut centre to get advice and information. If you want to talk to someone in confidence you just need to make an appointment.
If you have an issue that we can’t help you with, we will always do our best to put you in touch with somebody who can.
As well as advice and information there is free internet access.
Advice and information
How we can help
If you are 16-25 and need help looking for a job or apprenticeship, or finding suitable education or training, complete our online form.
We can help you with:
- careers advice
- education (access to college prospectuses and help with applications)
- employment and training (how to write a CV or search for jobs or apprenticeships)
- family and relationships (talk through a personal problem or get advice on sex and relationships)
- health advice (diet, exercise, drugs and alcohol)
- housing and homelessness (how to access local housing services)
- advice on how to get legal help and what to do if you are a victim of crime
- personal finance and the benefits you may be entitled to
- access free emotional support from the YES Service.
Once we have received your form we will contact you to discuss your requirements and invite you to attend your local FindItOut centre.
We provide advice on sexual health, including:
- C-Card Scheme (free condoms)
- pregnancy and chlamydia testing
- unplanned pregnancy and contraception
- information and referral to sexual health services, such as emergency contraception or screening for sexually transmitted infections
- access to sexual health outreach nurses for extra support.
If you would like to talk to someone about issues that are affecting you, book an assessment appointment for the YMCA Dialogue Service, a counselling service for young people.
Drop in sessions
- Tuesdays 3.00pm-5.00pm - Drop in to see a sexual health nurse who can offer the contraceptive pill, injections, emergency contraception and advice.
- Second Wednesday of every month beginning on Wednesday 11 May 2016 2.00pm-4.30pm - Terry Chippington, from Rewards Training, is running an apprenticeship drop-in session for young people. If you live in Horsham and can get to Crawley, she is happy to see you also. Terry will be available to check through CVs and discuss apprenticeship opportunities with you.