If you have decided against going to university there are other options you can consider.
- Find a traineeship, apprenticeship or job.
- Take some time out and go on a gap year.
- Undertake a school leaver programme - These schemes are run by companies in all industries. They are a good alternative to uni as most involve studying for qualifications and provide a salary straight away, which means you won't have student loans to repay.
- If you know the career you want to pursue, a sponsored degree is an attractive option. They often provide a salary as well as funding for your degree, work experience and a guaranteed graduate job at the end.
- If you want to study at home or combine studying with working, distance learning may be ideal. Find out more from the Open University.