University technical colleges (UTCs)

When and where you can apply for a UTC place.

University technical colleges (UTC) specialise in subjects such as engineering and construction, and teach them along with business skills and using IT. They are sponsored by universities, employers and further education colleges.

Students can join a UTC at the beginning of Year 10 or 12.

West Sussex does not have any UTCs, but you can apply for your child to transfer from Year 9 to start Year 10 at a UTC in another county.

The nearest one to West Sussex is UTC Portsmouth, with a focus on electrical and mechanical engineering and advanced manufacturing. 

You will need to apply for a place directly with the college.

Last updated:
24 October 2023
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.