The Sussex Student Card allows you to get discounted train season tickets in Sussex. It confirms that you:
- are a student of sixth form age in year 12 and above
- attend a maintained school with a sixth form, sixth form college, or a college of further education
- live in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton & Hove.
2 How to get a cardSussex Student Card application form (PDF, 84KB)
Make sure you:
- get the form countersigned by a representative from your school or college to confirm that you are registered on a course
- attach a recent passport-style photo.
Please be aware that it may take up to four weeks for your application to be processed, especially before the start of the new school or college year.
3 Getting a season ticket
Once your card has been delivered, you can apply for a rail season ticket under the Sussex Further Education Season Ticket scheme and you must:
- include your Sussex Student Card's unique number as part of your application
- carry your card when using a rail season ticket purchased under the discount scheme.
4 If your card is lost or stolen
You will need to apply for a replacement using the form below if your card is lost or stolen, and provide a recent passport-style photo.Application for replacement Sussex Student Card (PDF, 50KB)