The Sussex Student Card allows you to purchase discounted season tickets for trains in Sussex. It confirms that you:
- are a student of sixth form age in Year 12 and above
- attend a maintained school with a sixth form, sixth form college or college of further education
- live in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton & Hove.
2 How to get a card
Complete and return the form below, enclosing a recent passport-style photograph.
If you were born after 31 August 2000 a parent's/carer's signature will also be required.
You should allow at least 10 working days from when we receive your application for your card to be issued. At peak times there may be a slightly longer wait.
3 Getting a season ticket
Once your card has been delivered, you can apply for a rail season ticket under the Sussex Further Education Season Ticket scheme. You must:
- include your Sussex Student Card's unique number as part of your application
- carry your card when using a rail season ticket purchased under the discount scheme.
Important: Your Sussex Student Card will be sent to you with a covering letter stating your unique PIN code - please keep this letter in a safe place as you will need to use this PIN every time you buy or renew your season ticket, to ensure you get the correct discounted price.
If you already hold a valid Sussex Student Card you will receive a letter with your PIN shortly.
We cannot provide a replacement PIN if it is lost or forgotten, in which instance you may need to re-apply for a new card.
4 If your card is lost or stolen
You will need to apply for a replacement using the form below if your card is lost or stolen, and provide a recent passport-style photo.Application for replacement Sussex Student Card (PDF, 50KB)