The Sussex Student Card is a free card which allows you to buy discounted rail season tickets. It confirms that you:
- are a student of sixth form age in Year 12 or above
- attend full-time education at a school sixth form, sixth form college or college of further education
- live in West Sussex, East Sussex or Brighton & Hove.
2 What discounts are available?
The Sussex Student Card gives you a 34% discount on the price of monthly and longer season tickets.
You can use the discount card for rail travel outside of Sussex. However:
- the starting point of your ticket must be the most convenient station for your home; and
- the destination must be the most convenient station for your school or college.
Journeys are limited to the Southern and Southeastern rail networks, but are not available to London terminals.
3 How to get a card
Complete and return the form below, enclosing a recent passport-style photograph.
You will need to get your form signed by a representative at your school or college. If you were born after 31 August 2000 we will also require a parent's/carer's signature.
You should allow at least 10 working days from when we receive your application for your card to be issued. At peak times there may be a slightly longer wait.
4 Getting a season ticket
Your Sussex Student Card will be sent to you with a covering letter stating your unique PIN code. Once your card has been delivered, you can apply for a rail season ticket under the Sussex Further Education Season Ticket scheme.
- include your Sussex Student Card's unique number as part of your application
- carry your card when using a rail season ticket purchased under the discount scheme.
Keep your new PIN safe as you will need to use this every time you buy or renew your season ticket.
5 If your card is lost or stolen
You will need to apply for a replacement using the form below if your card is lost or stolen, and provide a recent passport-style photo.Application for replacement Sussex Student Card (PDF, 50KB)