You can borrow lots of great toys that support a child’s learning and development, including themed play packs, story sacks, outdoor play equipment and sensory resources.
How to borrow toys
- Register at a Children and Family Centre or your local library.
- There is a one-off joining fee of £2.00 for parents or carers and £5.00 for settings, childminders and professionals. There are no additional charges.
- Any family, childcare setting or professional working with children in West Sussex can borrow toys.
- Parents or carers can borrow toys for up to 2 weeks. Childcare settings and professionals can borrow toys for up to 6 weeks.
Sensory resources and toys
Some of our toy libraries stock a wider range of wonderful sensory toys and resources to help support children and their families. These are now available, along with lots of other fantastic toys, in the following centres:
- Bolney (Mid Sussex)
- Boundstone (Lancing)
- Durrington (Worthing)
- Langley Green and Ifield (Crawley)
If you can’t get along to one of these centres, talk to the staff at your local centre. They will be able to advise on how to get the toys to you.
Find out more
- Ask at your local Children and Family Centre
- Search the Family Information Service website
- Find us on Facebook
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01243 777807
- Toy libraries and sensory equipment - a guide for parents and carers (PDF, 424KB)
- Additional sensory toys available to order (PDF, 466KB)
- Sensory toy library catalogue - Durrington (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Sensory toy library catalogue - Felpham, Lancing, Kingston Buci (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Sensory toy library catalogue - Footprints (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Sensory toy library catalogue - Mid Sussex (PDF, 4MB)
- Sensory toy library catalogue - Petworth and Southwater (PDF, 4.2MB)