- nutritious and delicious paid school meals to young people in the county
- access to a free school meals service
- a fantastic Meals on Wheels service, judged the 'Best service in Britain 2017', to help people stay independent and healthy in their homes.
Collectively, our award-winning team has a combined 300 years’ worth of experience in public and private catering sectors. We fully understand the challenges facing the industry at the moment.
We now offer competitively priced, fully accredited and industry-recognised Food Safety and Nutritional training.
We can also arrange:
- practical cookery sessions
- ‘Train the Trainer’ sessions
- bespoke catering courses and informative talks and presentations about current issues, such as nutrition and hydration.
More help for small and start up food businesses can be found on our Guidance for food businesses page.
Fairtrade West Sussex
We are proud to have been awarded Fairtrade County status in October 2017. This means that the Fairtrade Foundation considers that the residents of West Sussex, as well as West Sussex County Council, are helping farmers and producers in developing countries to be paid a stable and fair wage, have decent working conditions and gives them the opportunity to afford healthcare, education and enough food for their families.
Being a Fairtrade county is a continuing process of promoting and supporting Fairtrade initiatives by making considered purchasing and procurement choices.
Some things we are doing to support Fairtrade West Sussex include:
- serving Fairtrade tea and coffee within our business
- increasing the range of Fairtrade food used by us and our partner organisations
- the requirement for Fairtrade products to be used wherever possible, when crafting catering contract specifications
- using only Fairtrade bananas across our business and those contractors who provide services for us
- delivering a range of exciting activities during Fairtrade Fortnight to further raise awareness amongst council departments and staff as well as our communities
- using our social media to highlight Fairtrade amongst residents.
In West Sussex we have a Fairtrade network of seven groups active in their communities that work closely with us in championing Fairtrade across the county.
Find further information on upcoming events and meetings, or how to get involved locally.