Get around for £2 or less on most West Sussex bus routes - now extended until 30 June 2023 .
For the first half of this year a single bus journey will cost no more than £2 on most routes under the Department for Transport’s Help for Households funded Bus Fare Cap.
Further information is available on the participating bus operator websites below:
Season tickets are a great way to save money if you make frequent bus journeys. Contact your local bus operator for information.
For less frequent journeys see:
- Discovery ticket - one day's unlimited travel on all the main bus services in West Sussex, East Sussex, Surrey, Brighton & Hove and East Hampshire. (Discovery is not valid on National Express and other long distance coach services or community bus services.)
- Plusbus - add unlimited bus travel to your train ticket from just £2.50. Serving destinations across Britain, Plusbus covers the whole urban area of your rail-served town or city.
- Stagecoach Back on Board - half price single and return tickets for jobseekers aged 18 and over who hold a Jobcentre Plus travel card (apply for a card at your local Jobcentre Plus office).
Children, young people and students
The standard bus fare for ages 5-15 is half of the adult fare, except on most Stagecoach services where two-thirds of the adult fare applies. Children under 5 travel free on all bus services.
For additional fare discount schemes for young people see:
- Brighton & Hove - busID - great savings for young people aged between 5 and 18
- Compass Travel - Sussex Student Fare Card - gives young people aged 16-19 years 25% off most bus fares on Compass Bus services throughout East and West Sussex
- Metrobus - Student key smartcard - full time students aged 16 and over can get 25% off adult fares on Metrovoyager, Crawley Metrorider and Horsham Metrorider tickets.
- Stagecoach student discounts - discounted StudentRider tickets for school and college students, plus a weekly student rate Megarider Gold.
- Sussex Coaches - student discounts available on most services. The discount is not available on N8 or 68 services.
- Young Person's 16-26 Coachcard - save a third off standard coach fares with the annual card costing £12.50.
Older and disabled people
If you are of eligible age or have a qualifying disability, you can apply to the County Council for a pass offering free off-peak bus travel on journeys made anywhere in England.