- South Downs Way - A 100-mile (160km) walking, cycling and horse riding trail that starts in Eastbourne (East Sussex) and finishes in Winchester (Hampshire).
WSCC-managed and promoted routes
- Downs Link - A 37 mile (59km) shared use route linking the North Downs Way in Surrey with Shoreham-by-Sea in West Sussex.
- Worth Way - A 7 mile (11 km) shared use route linking Three Bridges with East Grinstead and then linking to Forest Way.
- Centurion Way - A 5.5 mile (9km) path that runs between Chichester, Lavant and West Dean using the dismantled Chichester to Midhurst railway, which closed in 1991. West Sussex County Council (WSCC) and South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) share responsibility of this route.
- Easy access trails - 14 easy walking routes up to five miles long in West Sussex.
- Chichester tree trail - A 1.5 mile (2.4 km) walk around Chichester, starting at the Cross, discovering some of the interesting trees within the city.
Selected other long-distance routes
- High Weald Landscape trail - A 90 mile (145km) walking route that starts at Horsham (West Sussex) and ends in Rye (East Sussex).
- Monarchs Way - A 625 mile (1005km) walking route that starts in Worcester (Worcestershire) and ends in Shoreham (West Sussex).
- New Lipchis Way - A 39 mile walking route that starts in Liphook (Hampshire) and ends at Chichester Harbour (West Sussex).
- Serpent trail - A 64 mile (102km) walking trail that starts in Haslemere (Hampshire) and ends in Petersfield (Hampshire).
- Sussex Border Path - A 150 mile (241km) walking route that starts in Emsworth (Hampshire) and finishes in Rye (East Sussex).
- Sussex Ouse Valley Way - A 42 mile (67km) walking route that starts in Horsham (West Sussex) and finishes at Seaford Bay (East Sussex).
- West Sussex Literary trail - A 54 mile (87km) walking route that starts in Horsham (West Sussex) and finishes in Chichester (West Sussex).
- Wey-South Path - A 34 mile (55km) walking route that starts in Guildford (surrey) and finishes in Amberley (West Sussex).