You can dispose of this waste at home or take it to your local recycling centre (RC).
Put in your recycling bin
- Paper-based wrapping.
- Cards and wrapping paper without glitter.
Put in your general waste bin
- Glittery cards and wrapping paper.
- Foil wrapping paper.
Which RC container
- For recyclable items, use the mixed recycling containers.
- For non-recyclable items, use the general waste container.
Which RC accept this waste
All our recycling centres accept greeting cards and wrapping.
Foil and metallic wrapping paper that has a plastic feel to it cannot be recycled due to the coating on it. Do the scrunch test. Scrunch the wrapping in your hand. If it holds its shape it can be recycled in your recycling bin. If it springs back, it contains plastic and needs to go in your general waste bin.
Cards or paper covered in glitter can't be recycled due to particles in the glitter.
Please remove bows, ribbons and excess sticky tape and place them in your general waste before recycling what you can.
You could also...
- cut up old cards to make gift tags, bookmarks or note cards.