Unfortunately, we can't recycle plastic hangers because of the types of plastics used. Metal or wire hangers and wood hangers can be taken to your local recycling centre (RC).
Which home bin
Plastic hangers go in your general waste bin.
Which RC container
- Plastic hangers in the general waste container.
- Wood hangers in the wood container.
- Metal hangers in the metal container.
Which RC accepts this waste
All our recycling centres accept coat hangers.
You could also...
- Donate hangers to charity shops, pass to friends or sell them.
- Some shops have hanger collection points.