You can dispose of this waste at home or take it to your local recycling centre (RC).
Which home bin
Cardboard and card can placed in your recycling bin at home. Examples include:
- food packaging sleeves
- egg boxes
- cereal boxes
- parcel boxes.
Make sure cardboard is clean and dry.
Which RC container
Use the cardboard and paper container.
Bring recyclable cardboard items that are too big to fit in your home recycling bin to the large containers at your local RC.
Which RC accept this waste
All our recycling centres accept cardboard and card.
- Cards covered in glitter can't be recycled due to particles in the glitter.
- Remove any ribbons, bows and other adornments.
- See information about recycling paper.
You could also...
- use cardboard packaging for junk modelling or crafts.
- reuse sturdy boxes for storage.