You can recycle most aluminium foil and containers at home. They can also be taken to your local recycling centre (RC).
Put in your recycling bin
- Aluminium foil
- Aluminium foil containers
- Aluminium foil trays
Put in your general waste bin
- Crisp packets
- Pet food pouches
- Soup pouches
- Dirty foil
- Foil wrapping paper
Which RC container
- For recyclable foil, use the mixed recycling containers.
- For non-recyclable items, use the general waste container.
Which RC accept this waste
All our recycling centres accept aluminium foil and containers.
Please ensure that all foil and foil containers are clean, free from any food leftovers and dry before putting them in your recycling bin.
You could also...
- do the scrunch test. Scrunch up the foil in your hand. If it holds its shape, it is aluminium foil and can be put in your recycling bin. If it springs back it contains plastic, can't be recycled and should be placed in your general waste bin.
- re-use clean containers and foil where possible.