Housing Benefit

Apply for Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income.

Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit, but in certain circumstances you may be able to make a new claim to help you pay part or all of your rent. You can check whether you are eligible on GOV.UK

How to apply

If you meet the criteria, you can apply for Housing Benefit through your district or borough council.

Last updated:
17 December 2021
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.