On 20 June 2019, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) published its inspection report for West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service (WSFRS).
This was one of 16 fire and rescue services which had been inspected as part of the second tranche of HMICFRS inspections nationally.
The inspection report and improvement plan was subject to scrutiny at a special meeting of the Environment, Communities and Fire Select Committee on 10 July 2019.
The improvement plan has recently undergone its annual review at Service Executive Board (SEB) in October 2020 and an updated version is available below.
- HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) Improvement plan (PDF, 263KB)
Annual Report and Statement of Assurance
Our Annual Report shows how we have performed in the key areas of protection, prevention and emergency response. The Statement of Assurance sets out the approach taken to ensure the appropriate arrangements are in place in terms of governance and operational delivery.Annual Report 2019/20 (PDF, 3.5MB) Statement of Assurance 2019/20 (PDF, 1.1MB)
Operational Performance Report
- Operational Performance Report 2020/21 - Quarter 2 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Operational Performance Report 2020/21 - Quarter 3 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Operational Performance Report 2020/21 - Quarter 4 (PDF, 1MB)
- Operational Performance Report 2021/22 - Quarter 1 (PDF, 1.5MB)
External data sources and information
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004 - Designated category one responders for incidents on a broader scale.
- Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 - Fire fighting, fire safety, rescuing people from road traffic accidents and other emergency activities.
- Home Office Fire Statistics - Details information on incidents attended by the service.
- Localism Act 2011 - Range of measures to devolve more powers to councils and neighbourhoods.
- National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) - The National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) is the professional voice of the UK fire and rescue service.
- Policing and Crime Act 2017 - Includes the duty of police, fire and ambulance service to work together and enable police and crime commissioners to take on responsibility for fire and rescue services where a local case is made.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Enforcing fire safety law in public and commercial buildings.
Contact us if you would like copies of strategy documents, previous reports or statements of assurance.