Annual Report and Statement of Assurance
Our Annual Report shows how we have performed in the key areas of protection, prevention and emergency response. The Statement of Assurance sets out the approach taken to ensure the appropriate arrangements are in place in terms of governance and operational delivery.Annual Report 2018/19 (PDF, 1.8MB) Statement of Assurance 2018/19 (PDF, 689KB)
- Annual Report 2017/18 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Statement of Assurance 2017/18 (PDF, 613KB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2016/17 (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2015/16 (PDF, 2MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2014/15 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2013/14 (PDF, 1MB)
Operational Performance Report
- Operational Performance Report 2018/19 - Quarter 1 (PDF, 532KB)
- Operational Performance Report 2018/19 - Quarter 2 (PDF, 527KB)
- Operational Performance Report 2018/19 - Quarter 3 (PDF, 528KB)
- Operational Performance Report 2018/19 - Quarter 4 (PDF, 497KB)
Other internal reports
- Appliance Availability Report April 2018-March 2019 (PDF, 984KB)
- Customer Centred Value for Money Strategy (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Integration and Collaboration Strategy 2018-2022 (PDF, 1MB)
- Integrated Risk Management Plan - Action Plan year two (PDF, 1.4MB)
- People and Culture Strategy (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Prevention Strategy 2019-2022 (PDF, 714KB)
- Service Delivery Strategy 2018-2022 (PDF, 1.3MB)
External data sources and information
- Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) - Promotes the effectiveness of the service for the benefit of communities.
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004 - Designated category one responders for incidents on a broader scale.
- Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 - Fire fighting, fire safety, rescuing people from road traffic accidents and other emergency activities.
- Home Office Fire Statistics - Details information on incidents attended by the service.
- Localism Act 2011 - Range of measures to devolve more powers to councils and neighbourhoods.
- Policing and Crime Act 2017 - Includes the duty of police, fire and ambulance service to work together and enable police and crime commissioners to take on responsibility for fire and rescue services where a local case is made.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Enforcing fire safety law in public and commercial buildings.
- Fire and Rescue Services (Emergencies) England Order 2007 (PDF, 43KB) - Mandatory functions in connection with key types of emergencies such as chemical, radiological, biological and nuclear, and providing rescues at collapsed structures or non-road transport wreckages.
- Fire and Rescue National Framework for England and update 2012 (PDF, 138KB) - Sets out the government’s expectations and requirements for fire and rescue authorities.
- Religion, belief and culture guide (PDF, 7MB) - Illustrates our commitment to eliminating discrimination, promoting equality and developing good relations between people of different ethnic groups.
- Service Review for West Sussex Fire and Rescue (PDF, 6.6MB)