Help and support

Support for children aged 5 and over who have additional needs and/or a disability.

To access help and support, firstly contact the child or young person's:

  • class teacher
  • head teacher
  • school's special educational needs coordinator (SENCO).

Next, contact the West Sussex SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS), which advises parents on all aspects of special educational needs and support for children in school.

SENDIAS can provide information on:

  • the special educational needs process
  • support during the school application process
  • Education, Health and Care Plans and the assessment process
  • annual reviews
  • appeals and tribunals.
Last updated:
12 June 2024
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.