Re-register a birth

How to re-register a birth in West Sussex.

Your child's birth details need to be re-registered if you wish to add the natural father's details or if the parents have married each other since the birth.

See the form for instructions on where to send it when it is complete.

You can find guidance about changing other birth details on our certificate correction page.

If you need a copy of one of the forms sending to you, contact us and we will post it out to you.

Last updated:
26 October 2023
Share this

Also in Births

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.