Our energy strategy establishes how the County Council can:
- build upon the energy work already completed
- address the key issues of energy security, affordability and environmental sustainability
- support residents to tackle issues such as fuel poverty and reducing energy bills.
The strategy contains four priority areas.
- Priority 1: To reduce energy consumption and increase energy efficiency across the West Sussex County Council estate.
- Priority 2: To integrate low-carbon energy generation and infrastructure into the development of West Sussex County Council assets.
- Priority 3: To work in partnership with communities and stakeholders to tackle fuel poverty and identify affordable energy efficiency and low-carbon energy opportunities.
- Priority 4: To develop the commercial provision of low-carbon energy and energy-related services in West Sussex and ensure the creation and retention of jobs in the area.
The strategy is a four year programme and is accompanied by an action plan which sets out the actions for delivering the strategy. It will be reviewed annually to measure progress.