West Sussex Pension Fund is run by West Sussex County Council (the 'administering authority' in the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations).
The County Council has set up a Pensions Committee who make decisions and take responsibility for management of the fund, acting in the interests of all employers, members and their dependants.
The Pension Fund invests in equities and bonds, property and private equity. Its overall investment strategy is set out in the Investment Strategy Statement (ISS), including the consideration of the effects of social, environmental and ethical issues of the performance of a company and company engagement.
Details of the fund’s investments and performance is published in the Annual Report and Accounts, which are published following the completion of the statutory audit in the autumn.
Pension Advisory Board
In addition to the Pensions Committee, the pension scheme is required to have in place a local Pension Advisory Board. The board will assist the fund in complying with all the legislative requirements, making sure the scheme is being effectively and efficiently governed and managed.
- Annual Report summary 2021/22 (PDF, 305KB)
- Actuarial Valuation 2022 (PDF, 1.8MB) - details about the methods and assumptions used to evaluate the fund, the valuation results and the employers' contribution rates and adjustments, which are set for the following 3 years.
- Admin Authority Discretions Policy (PDF, 624KB) - under the LGPS Regulations, the administering authority has a number of discretions. This document sets out how these will be applied.
- Annual Report 2021/22 (PDF, 2.5MB) - details how the fund has performed over the short, medium and long-term.
- Statement of accounts 2021/22 (PDF, 4MB)
- Breaches Policy (PDF, 3.6MB) - sets out the procedure for the West Sussex LGPS and relates to all of the fund's areas of operation.
- Business Plan 2022/23 (PDF, 1.1MB) - reviews the fund’s annual objectives and sets out its future direction.
- Risk Register 2022/23 (PDF, 473KB)
- Communications Policy (PDF, 3.5MB) - sets out how the fund will communicate with members and their representatives, prospective members and employing authorities.
- Funding Strategy Statement (PDF, 1.7MB) - sets out how the fund will balance conflicting objectives.
- Governance Policy and Compliance Statement (PDF, 1.8MB) - details the fund’s governance and stewardship arrangements and reports the extent of compliance against a set of statutory best practice governance principles.
- Investment Strategy Statement (PDF, 1.2MB) - outlines how investment decisions are made, the types of investment held, fees paid, risk and corporate governance.
- LGPS privacy notice - details how we use the information we hold about you.
- Pension Administration Strategy (PDF, 3.5MB) - sets out levels of performance which the administering authority and its scheme employers are expected to achieve in carrying out their scheme function.
- Pension Advisory Board Business Plan 2021/22 (PDF, 850KB) - this is the Business Plan for the West Sussex Local Government Pension Scheme Pension Advisory Board.
- Training Strategy 2021 (PDF, 922KB)