Release date: 17 January 2022
Consultation has started on proposals for cycling and walking improvements on the A259 Shoreham to Brighton & Hove boundary, and three routes in Lancing and Sompting.
The proposals are part of the County Council’s transport strategy for Adur, which aims to make walking and cycling a more attractive option for short trips. This will enable healthier lifestyles and contribute to reducing the impacts of travel behaviour on the environment.
Following initial public engagement in Spring 2022, feasibility level designs are now being put forward by us for:
- A259 Shoreham to Brighton & Hove from the junction of East Street and Adur Ferry Bridge in the west to the Brighton & Hove boundary in the east
- Three routes across Lancing and Sompting:
- Western Road corridor from A27/Busticle Lane in the north to A259/Western Road in the south
- A2025 Grinstead Lane corridor from A27/Grinstead Lane in the north to A259/South Street in the south
- East-West corridor from Lambleys Lane/Upper Brighton Road in the west to A2025 Grinstead Lane/Crabtree Lane in the east.
We are encouraging residents, businesses and users of the routes to look at the consultation pages and tell us what they think of the proposals by completing the online surveys, which can be found here:
- Shoreham to Brighton & Hove: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/a259-shoreham-to-brighton
- Lancing & Sompting: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/lancing-and-sompting
Consultation feedback will be analysed and used to help us develop the designs and determine the next steps for the schemes. Both consultations are open until 11:59pm on Monday, 27th February, 2023.
Drop-in events have been arranged to give people the chance to view the proposals in person and speak to members of the project team.
Events relating to the A259 Shoreham to Brighton & Hove boundary proposal will be held on:
- Wednesday, 1st February 2023, in the Main Hall, Swiss Gardens Primary School, Shoreham between 4:30 and 8pm.
- Monday 6th February 2023, in the Porter Room at Southwick Community Centre, Southwick between 4pm and 8pm.
Events relating to the Lancing and Sompting proposal will be held on:
- Wednesday 15th February 2023 in the main Atrium at the Sir Robert Woodard Academy, between 4pm to 8pm.
- Online event, Wednesday 22 February, 7-8pm (to register, please email STIPactivetravel@westsussex.gov.uk.