Child and Family Assessment

Information about this assessment made by a specialist social worker.

Some children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) will need a Child and Family Assessment. This is to help the Local Authority (LA) decide which services are needed. The assessment isĀ carried out by a specialist social worker from the Children With Disabilities Team.

We have put together a leaflet and film, working in partnership with the West Sussex Parent Carer Forum that explains what to expect and how to prepare for a Child and Family Assessment.

What happens in a Social Worker Assessment - Oak Grove College Pupils

4 mins