At the Record Office we produce a variety of products for sale to the public, ranging from our popular ‘mini guides to sources’ to more substantial works.
A number of catalogues of the major collections are available. They include the Cobden and Unwin Papers, listing the internationally important papers of the 19th century British politician and statesman best known for his work on the abolition of the Corn Laws in 1846. The catalogues of the major estates of Arundel Castle, Goodwood and Petworth are also available.
We are the repository and conservation centre of Screen Archive South East and together we have produced a number of films on DVD, including the ‘Southern Steam’ series which celebrate the history of our railways.
You can visit the Record Office where our books, pamphlets and DVDs are on display, or you can order the items outlined on this page.
D-Day West Sussex: Springboard for the Normandy Landings 1944
By Ian Greig (late), Kim Leslie and Alan Readman. Second edition (2004) reprinted with amendments 2019.
Cost: £7.95 plus £2.50 p&p UK
Who are you? Family History Resources in West Sussex Record Office
Cost: £3.00 plus £2.50 p&p (Reference #LAB0199)
Sussex on Film DVD
The DVD offers a unique insight into the life and work of the people of Sussex from late Victorian times to the present day.
Cost: £10.00 plus £2.50 p&p (Reference #LAV020b)
The Royal Sussex Regiment: A special tercentenary DVD 1701-2001
Raised in 1701 as the 35th Foot, it later became the County Regiment of Sussex, serving at home and abroad through three centuries of peace and war until amalgamation in 1966. Drawing on archive material in the West Sussex Record Office and the Imperial War Museum, this is the story of the Regiment and how its memory lives on today.
- First World War: Territorials preparing for the front, Lowther's Lambs, the Somme and 11th Battalion in North Russia.
- Between the Wars: Royalty at Chichester Barracks, training at the depot, recruiting march in Sussex and the Regiment in India.
- Second World War: Dunkirk, Western Desert, Tunis, capture of General Von Arnim, Monte Cassino and Burma.
- Post-War: National Service, new colours at Arundel, Korea and Gibraltar, and Quebec Day at Chichester.
- Today: Regimental museum, St George's Day, Goodwood, Lewes reunion and Field of Remembrance.
Cost - £6.99 plus £2.50 p&p