Our Annual Report shows how we have performed in the key areas of protection, prevention and emergency response.Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2016/17 (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2015/16 (PDF, 2MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2014/15 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Annual Report and Statement of Assurance 2013/14 (PDF, 1MB)
Other internal reports
- Operational Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF, 484KB)
- Appliance availability report
- Deliberate fire reports
See also West Sussex Performance Dashboard (West Sussex Fire Service) for performance reports.
External data sources and information
- Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) - Promotes the effectiveness of the service for the benefit of communities.
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004 - Designated category one responders for incidents on a broader scale.
- Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 - Fire fighting, fire safety, rescuing people from road traffic accidents and other emergency activities.
- Home Office Fire Statistics - Details information on incidents attended by the service.
- Localism Act 2011 - Range of measures to devolve more powers to councils and neighbourhoods.
- Policing and Crime Act 2017 - Includes the duty of police, fire and ambulance service to work together and enable police and crime commissioners to take on responsibility for fire and rescue services where a local case is made.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Enforcing fire safety law in public and commercial buildings.
- Fire and Rescue Services (Emergencies) England Order 2007 (PDF, 43KB) - Mandatory functions in connection with key types of emergencies such as chemical, radiological, biological and nuclear, and providing rescues at collapsed structures or non-road transport wreckages.
- Fire and Rescue National Framework for England and update 2012 (PDF, 138KB) - Sets out the government’s expectations and requirements for fire and rescue authorities.
- Operational Assurance Report (PDF, 128KB) - Review of incident command arrangements.