Low carbon and green business support
Find out about the shared commitment to limit global warming and support available to improve your business for people, planet and profit.
The UK has pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and, key to success, will be achieving a low carbon economy.
Business and industry account for 25% of UK territorial greenhouse gas emissions, with just under half generated by SMEs (businesses with fewer than 250 employees). Taking climate action is everyone’s business and we all have a vital role in the UK’s net zero journey.
For employers, tackling climate change has become a key part of future-proofing business. It’s possible to make a difference and realise business benefits along the way, including:
- driving business growth and innovations
- reducing long-term running costs
- improved resilience: the World Economic Forum’s 2022 Global Risks Report puts 'climate action failure' as the number one risk over the coming decade
- building trust with employees, customers and businesses in the supply chain
- attracting and retaining a talented workforce.
Let’s Go! Net Zero West Sussex
Let’s Go! Net Zero is a new initiative, jointly funded by the West Sussex County Council and the West Sussex District & Borough Councils, to help local businesses embrace sustainability and take advantage of the business benefits of going green.
It helps businesses overcome common barriers to reducing carbon emissions and energy costs, through:
- a website with a wealth of online resources to help you get going
- a year-long series of ‘open door’ demonstrator events with countywide opportunities to hear from industry experts and connect with businesses on the same journey
- a team of local Green Business Champions from across sectors to share their stories and tips on getting started.
Visit the Let's Go! Net Zero website to find out more and how you can get involved.
Low carbon business YouTube series
A growing number of West Sussex businesses, across sectors, are taking steps to better the environmental performance of their operations. They have inspiring and insightful stories that can help inform anyone considering adopting greener business solutions. Watch the YouTube series ‘Low Carbon Business in West Sussex’ to hear their stories.
Stay in the know with Green Business Matters
Sign-up to our Green Business Matters newsletter to receive regular updates on all things low carbon and sustainability. Subscribe for updates, under ‘Business and Economy’.