1 Contact Adults' CarePoint
- Use our online enquiry form
- Email: email@example.com - please include your address and phone number
- Phone: 01243 642121
- If you would prefer to write to us, our address is:
West Sussex County Council Adults’ CarePoint, Second Floor, The Grange, County Hall, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1RG
You may also prefer someone, such as a friend or your GP, to contact us for you.
If you have any special communication or access needs please contact our sensory teams. We can then discuss your situation with you in the most suitable way.
We provide emergency cover outside normal office hours of 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, covering evenings and overnight, weekends and bank holidays.
- Phone: 01243 642121 (urgent referrals for adults)
- Phone: 01903 843239 (to contact an Approved Mental Health Professional, who will consider an urgent Mental Health Act Assessment - for all age groups)
3 Complete a self-assessment/appraisal
The assessment is designed to help people think about their personal circumstances.
You can download and complete a self-assessment form if you are thinking about contacting us to ask about getting social care support. You can then use this form when you contact the Adults' CarePoint.
If you are a carer you are entitled to an assessment of your own needs even if the person you care for is not in contact with Adults’ Services.
Further information and printable forms are available on West Sussex Connect to Support.
4 What happens after you contact us
When you first make contact with us you will go through CarePoint 1.
CarePoint 1 will:
- help support you to find community information and advice
- forward urgent specialist adult social care enquiries, including any safeguarding concerns to CarePoint 2
- record details of non-urgent specialist enquiries and arrange for someone from CarePoint 2 to contact you by the end of the following working day.
If you need further support your enquiry will be passed to CarePoint 2.
CarePoint 2 will:
- carry out specialist assessments, offer further advice as required and identify if you are eligible for funded adult social care or equipment loan
- respond to all urgent enquires, including safeguarding concerns.