The County Council has contracts with many care homes and care services in West Sussex, and we regularly check on the quality of care provided.
- West Sussex Care Guide provides details of all care homes and care services in West Sussex, plus information on the latest Care Quality Commission inspection reports.
- Information about people’s views and experiences of some of these services is also available on Healthwatch - West Sussex.
Where there are significant safeguarding concerns about a care home or care service, we may suspend new County Council referrals and issue a suspension notice.
An improvement plan will be agreed with the home or service, and we will work actively to support them and track improvements.
Where multi-agency partners have assessed that there are significant safeguarding concerns about a care home or care service we will share the names of these homes or services below.
Care homes and care services where there are significant safeguarding concerns
Week ending Friday 10 August 2018
Currently, there is one care home in West Sussex that has been assessed as having significant safeguarding concerns:
- The Laurels, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, RH12 3PQ
This information is updated weekly.
Nine care homes in West Sussex are currently the subject of a multi-agency safeguarding investigation being undertaken by West Sussex County Council, the Care Quality Commission, Health and Sussex Police. The providers are working with the agencies to provide the information requested.
The following care homes continue to be part of safeguarding enquiries:
- Beechcroft Care Centre, West Hoathy Road, East Grinstead, RH19 4ND
- Beech Lodge, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, RH12 3PW
- Kingsmead Lodge, Crawley Road, Roffey, Horsham, RH12 4RX
- The Laurels, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, RH12 3PQ
- Longfield Manor, West Street, Billingshurst, RH14 9LX
- Orchard Lodge, Tylden House, Dorking Road, Warnham, Horsham, RH12 3RZ
- Rapkyns Care Centre, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, RH12 3PQ
- Rapkyns Nursing Home, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, RH12 3PQ
- Woodhurst Lodge, Old Brighton Road, Pease Pottage, Crawley, RH11 9AG.
For further information about these safeguarding concerns complete our online form.
If you are considering a home or care service outside of West Sussex and would like more information, please refer to the Care Quality Commission's inspection reports (if the service is registered with them). Or, contact the relevant local authority.
If you have any concerns about a care service please let us know by completing our online form or by phoning Adults’ CarePoint on 01243 642121.