Request safety improvements for roads near schools

Request improvements or report highway faults in the vicinity of your school

Minor improvements, such as repainting of school 'Keep clear' markings, improved crossing points, installation of protective bollards, may be progressed by your school travel advisor.

They can also process information on faulty school safety zone lights, damaged school signage and other school-related highway issues. 

Major improvement requests, such as new pedestrian crossings and footpaths, will be passed to the Community and Economic Development Team for consideration by the County Local Committee.

Major improvements will need to be evidenced in the School Travel Plan and supported by your local West Sussex county councillor before they may be considered.

You can find out about current projects in our Travel to School newsletters.

General road issues can be reported to us through our Report a problem with a road or pavement page.

Last updated:
23 March 2017

Share this

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • (optional)

    West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.