Street works licence

Apply for a licence to carry out street works.

1 Overview

Organisations that supply public utility services, such as water, sewerage, gas, electric, telecoms and cable, are able to carry out street works as they have a statutory right.

If you wish to carry out street works to excavate and lay apparatus in the highway, and are not operating on behalf of a statutory undertaker, you must apply for a street works licence.

2 Apply for a licence

Email your request to the address below. There are a number of questions we need to ask before issuing an application form.

3 What next?

We will respond by either approving, and asking you to submit an application form, or declining your request.

4 Pay the fee

If approved, a licence will be issued and an invoice emailed to you which can be paid online.

The fee is variable depending on what works are being undertaken.

Last updated:
18 September 2017

Share this

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • (optional)

    West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.