Pre-application advice can help to:
- verify local requirements
- reduce the likelihood of submitting invalid applications
- help you understand how planning policies and other requirements affect your proposals.
2 Request planning advice
We offer different levels of advice which is charged at different rates.
The guidance document explains the types and levels of advice we offer for minor and major proposals and how much they cost.
Once you have read the guidance, complete the application form and return it to us using the details at the top of the form, including the relevant supporting information and payment.
To complete an application form, please right-click the link, select ‘Save link as…’ and select a location to save the document to your computer. You can then open your saved copy, complete and then save and return the form as instructed.Pre-application advice application form
To request advice on highways issues associated with any proposed development, visit our pre-application advice for roads and transport page.
3 Request environment and heritage advice
The Environment and Heritage Team provides a chargeable advice service on matters such as landscape, ecology and archaeology.
The advice will assist:
- statutory undertakers when undertaking works that may impact on the natural or historic environment
- developers of major planning applications where they impact on a key or sensitive site.