Release date: 16 May 2017
A series of appointments were confirmed today (Tuesday 16 May) after the first meeting of West Sussex County Council since the May 4 elections.
Louise Goldsmith (Chichester West) has been appointed as Leader for the next four years.
Lionel Barnard (Henfield) was confirmed as the Chairman. Roger Oakley (Worthing East) will be the new Vice-Chairman.
The Deputy Leader is Peter Catchpole (Holbrook), who will also serve as Cabinet Member for Adults and Health.
Other Cabinet appointments were:
• Stephen Hillier (Haywards Heath East) – Children and Young People
• Richard Burrett (Pound Hill) – Education
• Deborah Urquhart (Angmering and Findon) – Environment
• Jeremy Hunt (Chichester North) – Finance and Resources
• Bob Lanzer (Maidenbower and Worth) – Infrastructure and Highways
• Debbie Kennard (Shoreham North) – Safer, Stronger Communities
Committee Chairman appointments were:
• Michael Cloake (Worthing Pier) – Children and Young People’s Services Select
• Andrew Barrett-Miles (Burgess Hill North) – Environmental and Community Services Select
• Bryan Turner (Broadwater) – Health and Adult Social Care Select
• Pieter Montyn (The Witterings) – Performance and Finance Select
• Duncan Crow (Tilgate and Furnace Green) – Planning
• Derek Whittington (Fontwell) – Rights of Way
• Dr Nigel Dennis (Horsham Hurst) – Regulation, Audit and Accounts
• Lionel Barnard (Henfield) – Governance
• Lionel Barnard (Henfield) – Standards