Release date: 21 May 2021
Key appointments including Leader of the Council and the Cabinet were confirmed today (Friday 21 May) after the first meeting of West Sussex County Council since the 6 May elections.
Paul Marshall (Storrington) has been appointed as Leader for the next four years.
Pete Bradbury (Cuckfield & Lucastes) was confirmed as the new Chairman. Sujan Wickremaratchi (Haywards Heath Town) will be the new Vice-Chairman.
The Deputy Leader is Deborah Urquhart (Angmering and Findon), who will also serve as Cabinet Member for Environment and Climate Change.
Other Cabinet appointments were:
- Amanda Jupp (Billingshurst) – Adults Services
- Jacquie Russell (East Grinstead South & Ashurst Wood) – Children and Young People (Lead Member for Children)
- Duncan Crow (Tilgate & Furnace Green) – Community Support, Fire and Rescue
- Jeremy Hunt (Chichester North) – Finance and Property
- Joy Dennis (Hurstpierpoint & Bolney) – Highways and Transport
- Nigel Jupp (Southwater & Nuthurst) – Learning and Skills
- Bob Lanzer (Maidenbower & Worth) – Public Health and Wellbeing
- Steve Waight (Goring) – Support Services and Economic Development.