It’s National Customer Service Week and Trading Standards are keen to support West Sussex businesses which have publicly committed to operating in a legal, honest and fair way.
Businesses can show this commitment by joining Buy With Confidence - the only Trading Standards-approved trader scheme in the county.
Among the benefits, members:
• Receive a Trading Standards check-up before admission to ensure they are legally compliant;
• Get a Directory listing on the national website, used by the public to find dependable businesses;
• Set themselves apart from competitors: only those good enough to pass Trading Standards’ vetting get on the scheme;
• Are able to use the Buy With Confidence logo and say they are ‘Trading Standards approved’;
• Get information about changes to the law that could affect their business.
If your business has been operating for six months or more and has a track record of customer satisfaction, you can apply online to join this national scheme. It is open to most business sectors - not just home improvement - and retailers are welcome.
Debbie Kennard, West Sussex County Council’s Cabinet Member for Safer, Stronger Communities, said: “Buy With Confidence helps protect communities from rogue traders and illegitimate businesses by promoting fair, honest and legal businesses which have the Trading Standards seal of approval.
“It is run by local authorities on a not-for-profit basis, so all fees go back into the running and promotion of the scheme.”
A year’s membership can cost as little as 69p a day and includes free listing in the Buy with Confidence directory, which is promoted throughout West Sussex and Brighton and Hove.
For more information, please click here