Release date: 26 January 2021
Contracts, worth a total of up to £15million, have been awarded to six companies for a range of highway improvements in West Sussex.
The successful bidders for planned road, footway and infrastructure works in the financial year 2021/22 are:
- Road resurfacing: FM Conway Limited
- Surface dressing: Eurovia Infrastructure Limited
- Carriageway microasphalt: Kier Highways Limited
- Carriageway Patching: Aggregate Industries UK Limited
- Footway reconstruction FM Conway Limited
- Footway microasphalt JPCS Limited
- Highway safety barriers improvements, Community Highways Schemes, traffic signals, highway structures, safety schemes, dropped crossings and minor works, drainage improvement works Landbuild Limited
Roger Elkins, Cabinet Member for Highways and Infrastructure, said: “Congratulations go to the six successful companies. We look forward to working with them in the coming months as they take lead roles in pushing forward with highway improvements in the county.”
Notes to editors
Microasphalt is a preventative measure used to seal and prolong the life of roads and footways which have more minor damage. It involves treating existing surfaces which are structurally sound but starting to deteriorate.