Release date: 22 March 2018
A pre-inquest review into the 11 deaths following the Shoreham air crash due to take place on Monday 26 March has been postponed.
West Sussex Senior Coroner Penelope Schofield has taken the decision following the CPS decision to bring charges against the pilot.
The Coroner has set the next review for Friday 22 February 2019, to allow for the criminal proceedings.
Due to the nature of the charges the full inquest must now await the conclusion of the criminal case. The Coroner has said she does not anticipate the full inquest will take place until mid to late 2019.
The West Sussex Coroner will continue to keep the matter under review to ensure that the inquests take place as soon as is reasonably possible.
The 11 who died in the air crash were:
- Maurice Rex Abrahams, 76 of Brighton
- Dylan Archer, 42 of Brighton
- Anthony David Brightwell, 53 of Hove
- Matthew Grimstone, 23 of Brighton
- Matthew Wesley Jones, 24 of Littlehampton
- James Graham Mallinson, 72 of Newick
- Daniele Gaetano Polito, 23 of Goring by Sea
- Mark Alexander Reeves, 53 of Seaford
- Jacob Henry Schilt, 23 of Brighton
- Richard Jonathan Smith, 26 of Hove
- Mark James Trussler, 54 of Worthing.
They were killed when a Hawker Hunter jet crashed during a display at the Shoreham Airshow on Saturday 22 August 2015.