A second pre-inquest review was held today into the deaths of 11 people who died in the Shoreham air crash in 2015.
West Sussex Senior Coroner Penelope Schofield received an update on the current investigations by Sussex Police.
The police revealed their investigation is 95% complete and an initial file was being submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service.
The Coroner set the date for a third pre-inquest review to take place on Wednesday24 January at Crawley Coroner’s Court and indicated she would like the full inquest to be set for September 2018.
Ms Schofield said the inquest may have to be suspended if the CPS decide to bring criminal charges.
She told families at today’s hearing that she was in regular contact with the police about their investigation.
She told them: "I want to assure you I am satisfied that they are moving forward as quickly as they can in quite difficult circumstances and they are hoping to bring their investigation to a conclusion as quickly as possible."
The 11 who died in the air crash were:
- Maurice Rex Abrahams, 76 of Brighton
- Dylan Archer, 42 of Brighton
- Anthony David Brightwell, 53 of Hove
- Matthew Grimstone, 23 of Brighton
- Matthew Wesley Jones, 24 of Littlehampton
- James Graham Mallinson, 72 of Newick
- Daniele Gaetano Polito, 23 of Goring by Sea
- Mark Alexander Reeves, 53 of Seaford
- Jacob Henry Schilt, 23 of Brighton
- Richard Jonathan Smith, 26 of Hove
- Mark James Trussler, 54 of Worthing
They were killed when a Hawker Hunter jet crashed during a display at the Shoreham Airshow on Saturday 22 August 2015.