Release date: 21 June 2018
The new West Sussex Care Guide 2018/19 is now available.
It is full of useful information and advice about the adult social care services that are available around West Sussex.
The guide lists day care providers, extra care provision, key contacts and provides a handy checklist for people choosing a domiciliary care or care home provider. It also acts as a directory for finding local care providers that are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The CQC recently surveyed 1000 people looking for adult care either for themselves or a loved one with 70% saying the process was more stressful than finding a wedding venue or a school for a child.
To help you in thinking about care for yourself or a loved one, see the new 2018/19 West Sussex Care Guide.
The guide includes:
- useful contacts
- how to access locally available services and equipment
- carers assessments and support
- assessments and finding out about funding for care
- day care services
- care and support at home services and care homes in West Sussex which are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- extra-care housing schemes
- two useful checklists on what to look for when choosing care at home or care home providers, and much more.
The West Sussex Care Guide is available online or as a printed book, which can be found in libraries and GP surgeries across the county.
To view the Care Guide online visit www.westsussex.gov.uk/careguide .
For more information please call 01243 642121.